Roleplaying Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplaying Adventures

Come here to experience the magic of text roleplaying.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Minds eye can only see so far.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Minds eye can only see so far. Empty The Minds eye can only see so far. Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:32 pm

Snaps

Snaps
Admin
Admin

Mind was a magic that carried an shroud of mystery around it. Perhaps it was just because that's the way that those possessing those ability wanted it, manipulative as they could be it wasn't hard to imagine. But the little there was known about it could also be because unless you possessed a magic relating to the mind, looking into the heads of those who knew the ins and outs could be a challenge. Some had been more willing than others to share their knowledge on the topic with the public. Like any other magic, even the most rare and forbidden of them there was literature written on the topic.
Still there were those individuals who couldn't stand not knowing the details on such a manipulative magic. Those who possessed mind powers were by no means the most adored for their magic. It wasn't uncommon to run into someone who would talk about how it just wasn't fair that anyone could so easily tap into others minds. Or even rant about how they despised it, and that it should be a banned magic. Hated as it could be, it was also envied.

But there was a certain group in particular who despised the mind mages more than anyone else. They were rising in notoriety, an elite group of hunters who knew the ways to evade and lock down the powers of even the most seasoned mind manipulators. The Mind hunters where rising, becoming a strong net work set out only to capture those gifted with mind abilities. But the mind community didn't acknowledge them as a threat, not yet knowing their danger.

The presence of this group hardly even registered on Ashley Simmington's radar as a looming threat. Or the fact that she was quickly becoming their next target, she didn't even acknowledge their presence anywhere near her. But that was only because she was too preoccupied catching up  on the latest gossip. When she zoned out of the conversation for a quick moment, not able to help her wandering mind, something alarmed her in the slightest. With a raised eyebrow she stood onto her feet, eyes narrowing and eyes scanning around the area surrounding the lake and near the forest suspiciously.

http://tumblr.com/gingarsnaps/

2The Minds eye can only see so far. Empty Re: The Minds eye can only see so far. Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:44 pm

zombifiedzanie

zombifiedzanie

Muse, who was walking by with a look that could be only described as utter boredom since the majority of her friends had left her, paused slightly when she saw Ashley practically jump to her feet and start looking around. Leaning back, Muse seemed to consider something a moment. One comment struck her, but wasn't bitchy enough. None of them were really, since it was hard to be a complete cunt when you had fallen out of the loop.

Eh, the trip to the Galapagos was worth it. Even if she still had no idea what Rosa had told the school, but then again she didn't particularly care at the moment (nor would she ever), she was instead focused on whether or not she should alert her, and she hated allowing Ashley to be called this, sister to the fact she still existed.

In the end she decided that, like the Galapagos, is should be somewhat worth it. Just less attractive men involved, but still.

"What's wrong, wondering when you're admirers grew a brain?" She called, still leaning back on her heel, arms folded as she watched in slight amusement to whatever had Ashley looking around. "I'm sure it's just struck you that you're not as important as you thought."

It wasn't necessary, but it was fun. What she didn't realize was that there was recently an announcement proclaiming her dead, but even if she had realized, she assumed no one would believe she was dead.

And then if they did, they assumed she'd come back. Which she did.

3The Minds eye can only see so far. Empty Re: The Minds eye can only see so far. Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:05 pm

Snaps

Snaps
Admin
Admin

Ashley's eyes set on Muse in a pointed glare when she heard the comment. But it was quickly replaced with a smirk as she strode towards Muse with an easy step. "Well, at least I'm important enough that people actually worry when I'm reported missing. Or care when it's reported that I drop dead." Ashley snarked. She had barely noticed when Muse went off on the trip to the Galapagos, she left school unannounced for extended periods often enough that the thought to worry barely even crossed her mind. Nobody believed the announcement that pronounced her dead, for one if she was dead for real Ashley wouldn't be able to feel her presense at all. It would only be then that a glimmer of a worry would come to her mind, most likely.

When Ashley remembered what she had been alarmed by in the first place her snark dropped and her smirk turned in to a more concentrated expression. "On a more serious note. I know you've been away for a long time, and you're probably incredibly out of the loop. But have you heard anything of the Mind hunters?" She asked, her tone dropping to a softer whisper and she leaned in closer.

She herself had only started hearing reportings of mind mages going missing a while ago, and rumors of a rising of those specific hunters. While at first she was reluctant to believe the rumors, the signs had been getting harder to ignore.

"And save your sass. I think this might be a real problem."

4The Minds eye can only see so far. Empty Re: The Minds eye can only see so far. Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:14 pm

zombifiedzanie

zombifiedzanie

"You say that like I want people to pay attention to me. You're the attention whore here, not me." She said, only seeming slightly interested to hear what Rosa had reported. "A few people might've anyways, but they.." At the next thought that crossed her mind, she grimaced as she muttered something about dropping off the face of the planet, but shrugged. She didn't need Olivia, she didn't need Aiya. She had the Galapagos and various other islands to visit, that was.. better. Right? Right.

"I've heard rumors, yes." She said, seeming more shocked to see Ashley look serious than she had been to find out she had been reported dead yet again. "But, they were mainly from island locals so I assumed it was all bullshit." Muse eyed Ashley, as if somewhat suspicious

"Why?" She drew the word out, her head tilting somewhat curiously "They are bullshit, right?"

The concern seemed to almost literally melt off her face as she laughed

"Excuse my disbelief, but you're idea of serious seems to usually involve clothing." No it didn't, Muse just felt the need to be a complete bitch even now.

5The Minds eye can only see so far. Empty Re: The Minds eye can only see so far. Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:33 pm

Snaps

Snaps
Admin
Admin

"Everyone needs a little attention sometimes, Musey." Ashley snorted, she wouldn't even bother denying that she was an attention whore. She craved attention, but now wasn't exactly the appropriate time for the bitching that made up the typical dialogue between the two. "Exactly. Don't think about them now." She said, it didn't take any thought digging to know who Muse's thoughts would move too.

"Well, good to know news travels fast to the Galapagos fast." She said, smirking before sighing slightly. "I don't know if we can call them off as complete bullshit." She responded, running her hand through the hair briefly before crossing her arms over her chest.

"I thought they were all bullshit at first. But people have gone missing, and I don't think its a coincidence that they were all mind mages." Her eyebrows furrowed slightly when Muse laughed.

"Be in disbelief all you damn please, my idea of serious does not usually involve clothing. That was one time! Besides it was true fashion emergency." She huffed rolling her eyes at her sisters ignorance. "But no, how many times have I saved your bitchy ass? I think that the Mind hunters are possibly being underestimated. Even if they aren't, I have reason to believe they're close."

6The Minds eye can only see so far. Empty Re: The Minds eye can only see so far. Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:47 pm

zombifiedzanie

zombifiedzanie

"Oh and I got all the attention I needed on my trip." Mostly male. She enjoyed male attention since it was a particularly good distraction from the ever lingering depression she'd had since a very particular point last year which she refused to acknowledge. "It's not like I do it on purpose. I mean, I'm doing good. I didn't think about.. fuck." Muse looked away as she finished the sentence, deciding that she was taking another leave of absence since those seemed to be the only times when she literally didn't think at all at this point.

"And why exactly do you know where it was I went to?" She asked, her smirk back as soon as she refused to think about certain individuals. "They sound like it, though. Most I've encountered are too weak to fuck with a mind mage."

"It all does seem suspicious, I admit." It really was a hard point to deny, considering that she hadn't heard any news of the group attacking anyone that wasn't a mind mage "But surely if it's true, it's something completely dealt with if a group of mind mages fought back?" When it came down to it, she hadn't hurt much about the killings other than the fact they had happened

"I think a true clothing related emergency only counts as an emergency when you don't have any clothing at all." She grinned "Which also doesn't even count when you're tit deep in men and martinis." That was in reference to her trip. Highly inappropriate reference.

7The Minds eye can only see so far. Empty Re: The Minds eye can only see so far. Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:16 pm

Snaps

Snaps
Admin
Admin

"I'm glad you got all the whorish attention you crave, sis." Ashley remarked, with a sarcastic tone once again. "I know, I know. Maybe later I'll help you make some new friends, because exotic men aren't substantial relationships." She said, patting Muses head, nearly mockingly. But now wasn't completely the time to be adressing Muse's friendship drama or lack there of.

"I have an omnipresence, of course." She teased, chuckling lightly. "Who knows, they could be saving the strong ones for the more seasoned mind mages. There's no was to know, because the only ones who could vouch for it are dead or int the hunters hands." She shrugged.

"Really suspicious." She said, rubbing at her temples now. She could feel a pressure slowly building up, it was strange. But Ashley on registered it as normal head ache, only paying it a half mind. "I bet that we could, might be a theory we should try out." She said, nodding in agreement. "That would involve finding those assholes first though."

"I guess so, but not having any clothing at all can sometimes play out in your favor." She said, grinning as well. Her mind was drifting off south, and to the fact that oddly enough she hadn't gotten laid in a while. "That sounds, absolutely fucking perfect. You have to take me to that slice of paradise next time you go." Ashley laughed.

8The Minds eye can only see so far. Empty Re: The Minds eye can only see so far. Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:34 pm

zombifiedzanie

zombifiedzanie

"I don't want new friends." She said, slapping at Ashley's hand without any real effort put into it. That was ground Ashley wasn't allowed to ruin. "At the very fucking least the friendships I've lost were truer than the ones you have." Fucking Ashley fucking trampling on the grounds of Muse's current depressive state. She'd gut her, if she wasn't too lazy at the moment.

"Personally, I would take out the strong ones first, but as the leader of a group of highly dangerous assassins what do I know." Muse shrugged, reaching up a hand to feel her still shorter than ever hair. Somehow, she still wasn't used to it and kept considering shaving it bald. Wherever the idea was coming from no one would know. "Again, I'm sure they could be easily dealt with if all mind mages didn't seem to loathe most of the other ones." The idea made her laugh, for some reasn mind mages just seemed to not got along in most cases.

An idea seemed to strike her then and she asked a question that seemed to come out of nowhere "And what about children? Have they been harming young mind mages?"

"Of course." She said, nodding as if that wouldn't be any big deal "So long as you keep yours hands off my favorites, obviously."

9The Minds eye can only see so far. Empty Re: The Minds eye can only see so far. Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:36 pm

Snaps

Snaps
Admin
Admin

"Alright, no new friends for Muse." Ashley said, her arms moving back to crossing over her chest once again. She was contemplating about adding in a comment about letting Muse wallow in her own pity alone. But she knew where the lines where, how to dance on them and then jump back before the ref could call a foul.

"Everyone has different tactics, I'm sure if they where being led by a skilled assassin like yourself we would all be dead by now. Be glad they have tactics different from yours." Ashley said with a roll of her eyes. "There's such a bad air following mind magic. Everyone that doesn't have it hates and envy's those who do. Those who do loathe the other who practice the same as them. But its all out of our control." she said with a slight huff, putting her head down in her hands as the pressure in her head slowly but surely got worst. What she didn't know that Muse was likely beginning to feel something similar.

Ashley's features twitched into something slightly more somber, and a little darker. "I don't know, I haven't seen them in sometime. Their fathers mother claimed I was an unfit mother, and made him sue for custody. I only have partial custody and I haven't heard from him in sometime. I'm worried, and damn i miss those kids." She said, a frown tugging down her lips. "Damn I hate that son of a bitch." Ashed grumbled bitterly.

"Of course I will, I'll find my own favorites." She smirked.

10The Minds eye can only see so far. Empty Re: The Minds eye can only see so far. Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:29 pm

zombifiedzanie

zombifiedzanie

"Good. Great in fact, how about you never suggest that again." Muse realized she was over-reacting, but when it came down to it she was the teenaged equivalent of a pouty toddler. With the addition of big breasts and weapons, of course. The point is that she get's carried away when she didn't have whatever it was that she was currently clinging to like a safety blanket.

"So okay, we're glad they're idiots." She rolled her eyes, trying to ignore the pain that had started building in her head. Deep breaths, she probably had some kind of drug on her that could fix that. And then even if it didn't fix it, hey. It would probably serve another, funner purpose in the end anyways. "Not like that's anything new. Why would it be happening now.. instead of, oh whatever, any other period of time."

"Okay so she was a bitch, but has there been any news about them hurting kids?" She paused, lip bitten and eye twitching slightly as pain increased "Reporters would be all over it if they had."

"Perfect. Sounds like you have a vacation coming up then."

11The Minds eye can only see so far. Empty Re: The Minds eye can only see so far. Sat May 03, 2014 12:02 pm

Snaps

Snaps
Admin
Admin

((So, we're going to continue this.))

"Agreed." Ashley said, nodding slightly. She was over reacting, she always over-reacted, it wasn't that Ashley herself didn't at times. But Regardless she had grown used to Muse and her antics, and at times childish ways with her whining and pouting. It made her curious to how Muse acted when she was an actual child, and quickly decided that was something she didn't want to know.

"Yes, very glad there idiots. I would be genuinly scared if anyone with your level of tactics that had the capability of clipping my mind powers came after me. That would be a nightmare I would rather not experience." Ashley sighed, shuddering a little. She growled a little, her headache only growing worst. "God damn." She hissed, it was starting to cloud her thoughts.

"Yes, huge bitch. I should probably sue for custody but they are safer with her anyway." She sighed softly. "We would have heard all about it if they were hurting kids, your right."

12The Minds eye can only see so far. Empty Re: The Minds eye can only see so far. Sat May 03, 2014 12:34 pm

zombifiedzanie

zombifiedzanie

"Is there anything else I should know about them? Y'know, actually important?" She spared a glance around, though what she was trying to see wasn't clear even to herself. All that was clear to her was that she should probably be keeping an eye on.. eh, whatever it was she was looking for. "Not much was said on the Island about these folk other than the obvious."

"While I'm not stupid enough to go out and say you're a bad parent, even if I thought it, there does tend to be a shit ton of.. well, fucking shit going on around the both of us constantly." As the pain continued to worsen, she reached into the bag she carried and started digging around for the right set of probably illegal drugs "Of course I am, aren't I usually?"

As she dug, she tossed a few things to the side. Mostly mementos she'd deny having or knowing how they got there.

(Wow this post is crap. Sorry )

13The Minds eye can only see so far. Empty Re: The Minds eye can only see so far. Sat May 03, 2014 9:25 pm

Snaps

Snaps
Admin
Admin

"Well, I don't know if i'v already mentioned this but they attack by first subduing the minds eye.. or clouding it or something else so you can't control them or fight back." Ashley commented, glancing around as well. But after a moment of thought something clicked in her head and her eyes shot open a little. "Musey, is your head killing you? Is it getting hard to concentrate?"

"I know I'm not. It's just that, that theres always something going on and I don't want them to get hurt. Sure I miss them but I care about them so much that I don't know what I'd do if it was my fault they got hurt, they are both so young." She huffed a little. She raised an eyebrow as she began digging through her bag. "Oh hush. Don't get conceited."

"What are you even looking for?" She inquired, watching as she tossed things. Most of the students had cleared out from the vicinity of the lake, and the sun had set some time ago.

14The Minds eye can only see so far. Empty Re: The Minds eye can only see so far. Mon May 05, 2014 11:36 am

zombifiedzanie

zombifiedzanie

"You should have mentioned that, seems necessary for not getting my hot ass kicked." The only thing that currently concerned Muse was the fact Ashley had just called her Musey, which wasn't something done. Actually, it was something best avoided over the past year. "Yeah, but that's usually the state I'm in.." She spoke passively, seeming willing to wave it off momentarily "It's only strange if you are too.." This went to show she hadn't been paying any attention to her sister's behavior at all.

"Again though, aren't always a little bit conceited?" She shrugged, seeming glad to see the rest of the students clear away from the lake. Now if only Ashley was gone. Then she could relax and by relax I mean try to poison the lakes water again. "Nothing important." She dismissed Ashley's question and let the bag drop to her side, where it now hung limply, still holding the items Muse had deemed important.

15The Minds eye can only see so far. Empty Re: The Minds eye can only see so far. Mon May 05, 2014 3:55 pm

Snaps

Snaps
Admin
Admin

"I probably should have mentioned that at first, would be a key in not getting your ass kicked. Don't know how it slipped my mid." Ashley said, shaking her head a little and pressing her forehead into her palm. It was deffinatly strange that he had called her Musey, but Ashley didn't even realize it. "I realize.. But does it feel, different than it normally does for you?" She asked, "I am feeling it too..." Ashley trailed off as she came to a conclusion. "I think they're targeting us.. They're trying to get into our heads." She hissed, panic rising briefly before she recollected herself." "We need to either get out or get them out of our heads.

"Yes you are always conceited," she rolled her eyes. She just now realized that everyone had cleared out. "When did it get dark?" She mused, glancing around briefly. "Alright." She said with a shrug, not pushing the topic of whatever I teams Muse was holding any further. She didn't care that much. Her mind was quickly back to the looking threat she felt was there.

16The Minds eye can only see so far. Empty Re: The Minds eye can only see so far. Wed May 21, 2014 8:23 pm

zombifiedzanie

zombifiedzanie

"I'm sure you just wanted me to get my ass kicked." She let out a forced sounding, pained laugh that probably didn't sound amused in any way. "Yeah, but with the colossal shit stain of fucking stupid this school is, I didn't think much of it." Though she did now, of course. She even glanced around her, her hand having made its way to her own waist as she swore. Today was the one day she didn't happen to have a weapon on her, which was a highly unusual circumstance. "Fucking hate to admit it, but I don't think the latter is entirely possible right now."

"Of course. If I wasn't, who else would be infuriatingly over confident?" There was a rather sarcastic smile delivered with the next line "I'd assume it happened some time while we were talking"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum